Why I hate "info"

Matthew Miller mattdm at mattdm.org
Mon Nov 13 21:19:38 UTC 2006

On Mon, Nov 13, 2006 at 10:32:03AM +0000, T. Horsnell wrote:
> I totally agree. And if I want to print the stuff out for later
> reference, info is useless. And what about 'man -k' (aka 'apropos')...

Actually, the info pages are *very* nice for generating printed material, if
you're into that sort of thing. However, you need the texinfo file from the
source package.

Make sure you have texinfo-tex installed, find the .texi file for the
document, and run "texi2pdf whatever.texi", and after some verbose
crunching, you'll have a very nice book in "whatever.pdf".