pictures folder location for FC6 screensaver?

oleksandr korneta atenrok at gmail.com
Tue Nov 14 05:34:59 UTC 2006

on 11/09/2006 02:09 PM Dave Stevens wrote:
> Can soemone tell me where to put pictures so that the Gnome pictures
> screensaver will find them? At the moment all I get is a black
> screen.

The old, good xscreensaver use to have the button, which allowed you to
point it to the arbitrary directory. It so happened that I saved the old
config file ~/.xscreensaver and looks like gnome-screensaver is actually
capable of using those parameters (at least some of these, because now
it uses new schemas for screensaver). So my directory remains the same I
set a while back yet on FC4. You might give it a try. The parameter
looks like:

imageDirectory: /home/sashko/_images/photo

--
regards,
Oleksandr Korneta

/The nice thing about standards is that there are so many to choose from./