Saving RPMs installed by yum

Ed Greshko Ed.Greshko at greshko.com
Tue Nov 14 07:05:08 UTC 2006

Todd Zullinger wrote:
> Ed Greshko wrote:
>> Tim wrote:
>>> When I first played with FC5, the default was zero.  FC4 definitely
>>> kept them.  I haven't tried FC6.
>> That portion of the documentation is incorrect.  It is 0 as the
>> default in FC6.
>
> The default for yum is keepcache=1, but the fedora yum.conf overrides
> this and sets keepcache=0.  So the documentation is correct in a
> strict sense. :)

You are, of course, correct.  If there is no keepcache directive in the
yum.conf the default is 1.

Wow, do you realize this thread is now 10 messages long an nobody has
insulted anyone.  Gee....am I stupid or what?

--
God made moms and it was good, God made little girls and it was better, God
made men, and said two out of three ain't bad!