Fedora on an AMD Athlon 64 (3200+) machine

Timothy Murphy tim at birdsnest.maths.tcd.ie
Tue Nov 14 12:15:32 UTC 2006

I have a Targa desktop with this processor,
and I have always had problems installing Fedora x86_64 on it.
Yesterday I managed to install FC-6 in text mode (on the 6th try)
by including no packages.
(I later added what I needed with "yum groupinstall".)

I'd be interested to know if anyone has had similar problems
with this CPU, or alternatively had no problems installing Fedora.

The machine seems to work perfectly well (under Fedora and Windows)
except during installation.

--
Timothy Murphy
tel: +353-86-2336090, +353-1-2842366