What happened to SSH?

Kip Thomas kip.thomas at gmail.com
Tue Nov 14 15:34:25 UTC 2006

ame error on mine. SSH is starting. The first line is it starting and
binding to port 22 on ::. Since it already has started, the second line
where it tries to bind again to port 22 on 0.0.0.0 fails. The reason is that
IPv6 and IPv4 are both enabled. SSH starts and binds on port 22 to all
available IPv6 IPs (::). Then, it also tries to bind to all IPv4 IPs (
0.0.0.0) in case IPv6 is disabled, but the port is already bound. What I did
to get rid of the error message was