Annoynance: duplicate menu entries for Acrobat Reader

Matthew Saltzman mjs at ces.clemson.edu
Tue Nov 14 16:14:36 UTC 2006

Installing the Adobe RPM for Acrobat Reader creates two GNOME menu
entries.  Deleting the RPM removes the icon and one of the menu entries
but leaves the other behind.  I was able to delete the entry by modifying
files in /usr/share/applications and /usr/share/mime/packages and
rebuilding the menu database.

Using the menu editor in System -> Preferences -> More Preferences ->
Menu Layout, I can uncheck the first occurrence but not the second.
Clicking the checkbox for the second entry unchecks the first one.  After
unchecking, only the one entry shows.

--
 		Matthew Saltzman

Clemson University Math Sciences