FC6 copy/paste from mouse?

Bob Goodwin bobgoodwin at wildblue.net
Tue Nov 14 16:56:58 UTC 2006

David G. Miller wrote:
> Bob Goodwin <bobgoodwin at wildblue.net> wrote:

>>                     Unfortunately I updated this morning again and still
>>                     have the problem.  Not sure if it's related to xfce
>>                     but I believe it was doing it initially with Gnome
>>                     also?  It's a nuisance because I have to click to
>>                     bring up a copy/paste menu and work with that
>>                     cumbersom method!
>>
>>                     Thanks for the response, at least I know I'm not
>> alone.
>>
>>                     Bob Goodwin
> Not seeing and have not seen the problem here.  I get the digest form
> of the list so I used x-paste for the author line and the subject to
> format this reply.  This is on my desktop (Gnome, nv video, "normal"
> mouse with scroll wheel).  I also checked on my laptop (Gnome, radeon
> video, synaptics touch pad) and it works fine there too.
>
> Are you starting gpm and is it still running?  I vaguely remember that
> this is provided by the "text mouse."  You might see if you can
> highlight and paste without X.
>
> Cheers,
> Dave

                    Without "X" I can simply highlight some text and
                    button-2 puts it on the command line, neither
                    shift-insert nor the middle button works for that?

                    Curiously I simply upgraded a couple of other
                    computers from FC5 to 6 and did not have that
                    problem but this is a "clean" install, I even did
                    away with a vestigial Windows 98 install and picked
                    up 2 gigs more Linux space.   Anyway that leads me
                    to believe that there's some application I haven't
                    installed?

                    It also has some strange printing problems but
                    that's another topic.

                    Tnx.

                    Bob Goodwin

--