tcp_window_scaling?

Knute Johnson knute at frazmtn.com
Tue Nov 14 20:31:52 UTC 2006

A few weeks ago I was having trouble getting at certain web sites.
Someone suggested turning off tcp_window_scaling.  That worked great.
 Then I installed FC6.  Now I can't edit the tcp_window_scaling file
because of some selinux issue.  I can to echo 0 > tcp_window_scaling
however and it works great until I restart the Linux.  Then the value
has changed back to 1.  Obviously I'm missing something here, can
anybody point me in the right direction?

On a related subject, how does one detect where the window scaling
issue is being caused?

Thanks,

--
Knute Johnson