Consolidation of Fedora "support"

John Mahowald jpmahowald at gmail.com
Wed Nov 15 06:54:24 UTC 2006

On 11/16/06, Arthur Pemberton <pemboa at gmail.com> wrote:
> To whom it may concern,
>
> Is there any plan/hope to consolidate the places where users can get
> assistance with Fedora? Choice is good in software, etc. I am not so
> sure that there being so many different places to get help with Fedora
> is benificial.

It can be confusing. Multiple sources, however, does allow choice of
both community and medium they communicate in, irc, email, whatever.

> What I think I'm trying to say is: is there any plan to design a
> centralised system through which for example the LQ.org Fedora forum,
> fedoraforum.org and the fedora-list could meet up? in a more organized
> fashion? I think the benifit would be that those contributing
> solutions can better focus their efforts instead of just sending a
> dart out now and then. And people seeking help may be less fustrated
> by posting their questions to an audience more in tune with what the
> really need help with.

Not that I know of. fedoraforum.org does archive some mail, but it
really is a web forum.

http://FedoraSearch.org may be something like what you're looking for.
(Currently down.)

> There seem to be too many places to go, but not enough taging and
> searchability among them. My google search rarely bring up solutions
> from the example sources i've stated....more often the solutions come
> from blogs and Ubuntu forums.
>
> Just my suggestion.
>
> Peace.

John