Microphone does not work in FC6

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Wed Nov 15 14:19:49 UTC 2006

On Tuesday 14 November 2006 17:14, Krzysztof Dubowik wrote:
>Hi all,
>  I'm out of ideas and I need your help. I've recently upgraded my
> system from FC4 to FC6 (a complete reinstall, actually). After the
> upgrade the microphone stopped to work.
>  The strange thing is that it seems to work - there's a feedback from
> the speakers, but neither skype or krec record anything. Mozilla Flash
> plugin does not detect a microphone either. I have skype configured to
> use alsa and kde to use alsa as well. Changing to OSS does not make a
> difference.

Someplace in your chosen mixer, there should be a place to turn the mic
off in the playback path.  Then there should be a way to turn it on in
the capture path.  You should not hear it while usng skype, but the other
person should.

But since skype doesn't play well with others, I installed another audigy
2 card (sb400 based, stay far away from CA-106 based cards) and made it
the primary audio, which in turn allows me to dedicate the onboard audio
system for skype.  But the skype beta version works well, and the new
stable version crashes, a lot.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)