FreeNX on FC6 authentication problem

Dr. Michael J. Chudobiak mjc at avtechpulse.com
Wed Nov 15 15:04:51 UTC 2006

>     importing the client.id_dsa.pub with the import button on the
>     client, configure, general tab got me to where nx now authenticates,
>     but now my login with my user name and password does not
>     authenticate and I am using the correct name and password. What key
>     or file controls this and how do I get nx to find it? is it one of
>     the keys generated before? If so, which one? I am not at all clear
>     on these keys as there is no real explanation of what is for what.
>     (I also get the same thing from an nxclient on the server)
>
>     Art
>
> Forgot to mention, I can login via ssh from remote machine to the nx
> server fine.

Art,

There is one key pair that is used to encrypt the nx session. It is for
the "nx" user. You import the public part of this key pair into the
client. It is the nx user that does the ssh'ing. It doesn't matter if
you (using your personal account) can ssh to the server.

What error messages are showing up in /var/log/secure and
/var/log/messages when the authentication fails?

- Mike