SSH question

Anne Wilson cannewilson at tiscali.co.uk
Wed Nov 15 16:44:09 UTC 2006

Under my FC4 installs I am asked for the ssh passphrase at login time.  This
box, FC6, does not ask me.  Instead I am asked when I first open a terminal.
Normally this causes no problem.  However, today I had to go out early and
did not open a terminal until a few minutes ago.  I find that an rsync across
the network was refused permission - presumably because I had not made
this 'first step'.

What is the reason for the change in behaviour?  What would I have to do if I
wanted to keep the old behaviour?  If it's not advisable, why not?

Anne