Stopping compiz from turning unresponsive windows gray?

Wil Cooley wcooley at nakedape.cc
Wed Nov 15 18:04:39 UTC 2006

I've been running compiz happily now for some weeks with FC6.  The only
problem is that there is a bug in the interaction between compiz and
windows from applications running rootless under NX.  I'm guessing that
whatever X protocol feature compiz uses monitor responsiveness is
optimized away by the NX client.  I'm running the
latest nxclient 2.1.0-9; NX has a bug file by someone else:

http://www.nomachine.com/tr/view.php?id=TR08D01478

At any rate, I would like to disable the "turn unresponsive windows to
gray" feature in compiz for the time being; it's a nice feature, but I'd
rather have my colors back.  I've looked through gconf-editor in
/apps/compiz, but found nothing.  Does anyone know if this can be changed
easily and if so, how?

Wil