Unersolved issues with FC6?

Gordon Messmer yinyang at eburg.com
Wed Nov 15 20:58:26 UTC 2006

Knute Johnson wrote:

> 3) I get vertical lines when I use the backspace or right arrow over
> text.  It shows up in Firefox text boxes and text in the main display
> window.  It doesn't happen when I backspace over text in Open Office
> Writer.

It's probably a display driver bug.  You might be better off rolling
back to FC5, if it had a reliable video driver.  What card?

> 4) Minimized windows don't show up on the lower panel.  You have no
> idea that you have a minimized window anywhere.  If I hit Alt-Esc
> hidden windows will maximize.

Right-click lower panel -> Add to Panel -> select "Window List" and add.

> 5) Dual head doesn't work but I don't think it has ever.

Single video card or two?

> 6) I installed both Gnome and KDE because I wanted to see what KDE
> looked like.  Now if I switch to KDE, it starts with a dialog "I've
> Detected a Panel Already Running and Will Now Exit".  The Gnome
> panels at the top and bottom of the screen are visible along with the
> KDE panel at the bottom of the screen above the Gnome one.

Sounds like you're starting KDE while Gnome is running?  It won't work.
  Select KDE at the login screen, before entering your username/password,

> 7) cdrecord -scanbus returns the following message.  I did manage to
> write the Zod DVD by right clicking on the file icon.

Check "dmesg" to see if there were problems loading the SCSI driver.
Or, if you have a USB DVD writer, this might be related to the first
problem that you reported (in which case, you might want to roll back to
FC5, again).