Getting close here folks! Looking good.

Mikkel L. Ellertson mikkel at infinity-ltd.com
Wed Nov 15 23:44:47 UTC 2006

Craig White wrote:
> On Wed, 2006-11-15 at 09:29 -0500, Gene Heskett wrote:
>
>>> Of course going from such an old version of firefox to a new version
>>> may cause problems....nothing to big I hope.
>> The old version was 1.5.0.8, it was not a fedora sourced rpm.  Once you
>> have installed the real firefox by their installer, updates are automatic
>> anytime there is one available.
> ----
> most people have the good sense not to run GUI as root
>
> Craig

I usually open a terminal, su to root, and run Firefox when I want
to do an update. I also root's home page set to a blank page. So I
can click on Help --> Check for updates to get the updates. There is
still some risk, but I find the risk acceptable. The only web site
root gos to is the Firefox site.

Mikkel