FC6 Power off not working any more

Beartooth Beartooth at swva.net
Thu Nov 16 18:02:16 UTC 2006

On Thu, 16 Nov 2006 15:37:54 +0100, antonio montagnani wrote:

> After I upgraded to FC6 when I stop the computer, all procedure is
> completed but power is still on.
> FC6 is fully updated with latest packages and kernel
> Where to look at?

My testbed machine is a late 1998 PowerSpec pentium2, which had that
trouble occasionally while running FC5. I've upgraded it to FC6, and now
it not only does that, but you have to hold the power switch in for
several seconds, till everything stops dead, or else it will reboot
instead of powering down. Very annoying -- and will be more so if it still
does it during a power failure, when I'm trying to get stuff off the UPS
as fast as possible ....

--
Beartooth Staffwright, PhD Neo-Redneck Linux Convert