install problem of coure size of partation

gary garys at mtaonline.net
Fri Nov 17 10:29:35 UTC 2006

On Thu, 2006-11-16 at 12:17 +0530, yogesh at banasdairy.coop wrote:
> hi friends
>
> i installed fc3 on pc that have following conf.
>
> P.IV Processor
> 80 GB sata HDD
> 256 RAM
>

> i make partation like this
>
> /   40 GB
> /boot    3000 MB
> /swap     1000 MB
>
> /var      Remaining(39 GB)
>
> i install personal desktop application with minimal installation
>
> but when i start it take a long time to boot
> and also after booting the speed goes down
>

> for example if i open any open office word document than it will take
> approximatly 3-4 Minute
>
> same for other application like konqueror ,firefox
>
> etc
>

> can any one help me out my problem
>
> i think the problem is due to the  partation size
> ca any one guide me
>

> thanks and with best regsrds
> yogesh M chaudhari

 So you're still trying get fc3 to work.
1. (partition) The easiest way - simply delete your existing partition -
then allow the installer to setup your partition automatically.
(requires fresh install) - everything will go in /
2. I'm not certain you get everything you need for your desktop
applications when you opt for a minimal install. Perhaps thats an
issue. ????
3.Many of have forgotten the specific problems associated with fc3 - It
is rather dated. If you'd like, I'd be happy to send you a copy of fc4
or fc5. ( I don't have fc6 yet )     --------gary