downgrading package(s) with yum

Jim Cornette fc-cornette at insight.rr.com
Fri Nov 17 11:31:17 UTC 2006

sysadmin wrote:
> I have been searching(googling/yahooing)for over 5 days but am hitting dead ends all the time.
>
> Kindly can someone "light me up".I want to use yum to downgrade certain package(s) but i can't seem to get it right.!
>
> What is the yum combination for downgrading?

More of a basic question, do you have yum saving the old rpms on your
computer?
Other than that, I usually use rpm directly after downloading the rpms
locally.

> My box has FC6, up to date(17-11)
>
> PS:I have yum allowdowngrade plugin installed.

I never used the plug-in before. The directions probably can help if
available.

Jim

--
DOS: n., A small annoying boot virus that causes random spontaneous
system crashes, usually just before saving a massive project. Easily