Firefox 1.5.0.8 non-responsive???

Guillermo Garron guillermo.fedora at gmail.com
Fri Nov 17 12:12:28 UTC 2006

On 11/17/06, Deepak Shrestha <d88pak at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I recently updated the firefox from verson 1.5.0.7 to 1.5.0.8 (in
> linux and windows). After upgrade I found out that firefox becomes
> completely non-responsive at certain websites. Specially looking at
> friendster profiles makes this new version of firefox non-responsive
> (both on linux and windows). Do somebody also experiencing same
> problems? (Just viewing the profile of people in friendster causes
> this). Also found out that only this version of firefox is affected on
> this particular site. Tried with IE6, works fine. tried it with
> 1.5.0.7 and works fine too.
>
> Any suggestion?

Hi i am not sure if Ubuntu 6.10 comes with Firefox 1.5.0.8 but i
upgraded one my VMWare test "PCs" which use ubuntu to 6.10 and Firefox
start to hang with some pages, also.

i have to start once and once.

regards.

Guillermo.

> Thanks
>
> --

Guillermo Garron
"Linux IS user friendly... It's just selective about who its friends are."
(Using FC5, CentOS4.4 and Ubuntu 6.06)