Dell Dimension 4700

Bob Goodwin bobgoodwin at wildblue.net
Fri Nov 17 18:27:49 UTC 2006

Smith, Herb wrote:

> [...]
I have a Dell Dimension 4700 in front of me, not the computer I am using
but I just booted it and ran dmidecode to verify the model number. It
runs fine on FC6. I bought a second sata drive and installed FC5 on it.
Installation was primarily a screw driver operation, it even had a place
to mount it. There are good instructions on the Dell site. I bought a
drive from Tiger Direct, had to order a cable too.

Last week I upgraded the FC5 to FC6 which went ok, I don't recall any
big problems?

But it works well and gkrellm thinks it has two processors!

Bob Goodwin w2bod Zuni, Virginia