FC6: Things segfaulting all over

David Fletcher fc at fletchersweb.net
Fri Nov 17 22:06:07 UTC 2006

On Friday 17 November 2006 21:52, Alex wrote:
> Vijay Gill wrote:
> >> BTW Just another thought - Are you powering the machine with a UPS?
> >
> > Hi Dave,
> >
> > No there is no UPS.
> >
> > Just another thought. Do I need noapic and nolapic etc as kernel
> > params during boot? Currently I do not have those but I still remember
> > using those long time ago to install Mandrake (before it became
> > Mandriva) Linux.
> >
> > Vijay
>
> Hi
>
> I just noticed your question - how does a UPS cause issues, and how
> would you troubleshoot/resolve them?
>

> many thanks
>
> Alex

They're supposed to prevent issues with bad mains supplies. e.g my son was
happily tapping and clicking away as I came upstairs with a thunderstorm
raging away overhead.

"Dad, my UPS just kicked in"

"That's great - it's working"

Tap tap click click....

I don't know where the OP is located but bad mains power causes problems. I
just wondered whether this could be a possibility.

Dave

--
Registered Linux user number 393408

http://oneandone.co.uk/xml/init?k_id=6389763