x0vncserver HowTo

Jamie Bohr jamiebohr at gmail.com
Sat Nov 18 01:24:09 UTC 2006

No Xvnc is too hard to manage for 100+ users.  We would have to set up the
password file for each user that a system is assigned to.  Then if another
user logs into that system they will not be able to get to it remotely.  I
would like Vnc to act more like terminal services for M$ Windows.  For
example, if no one is logged in then allow a remote connection using the
users account password (NIS, LDAP, ...), if someone is logged in then the
password entered must match the password of the user logged in.

Thank you for the suggestion,
   Jamie

On 11/17/06, Les Mikesell <lesmikesell at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, 2006-11-17 at 16:31 -0700, Jamie Bohr wrote:
> > Another silly question: where do I put x0vncserver so it will start up
> > when a user logs into KDE and/or gnome and die when they log out?
>
> Don't you want to add the vnc module to your xorg.conf file instead
> of running x0vncserver these days?
>
> --
>   Les Mikesell
>    lesmikesell at gmail.com