kwallet vs kmail, will somebody please shoot one of them?

David Fletcher fc at fletchersweb.net
Sat Nov 18 10:53:55 UTC 2006

On Saturday 18 November 2006 06:55, Arthur Pemberton wrote:
> On 11/18/06, Gene Heskett <gene.heskett at verizon.net> wrote:
>
> Current purpose  is to work and not crash on my machine.... I don't
> think KWallet has ever chrashed on me.
>
> --
> Fedora Core 6 and proud

A couple of months back there was a bug in kde/kwallet which prevented the
kwallet manager from starting. The workaround was to kill the kwallet
process, then kwallet manager could be started and operated normally.

This bug which apparently affected all distributions using KDE was fixed
during the last big update of KDE a couple of weeks back.

It was only a minor nuisance at the time, and as other posters have said,
kwallet has never, ever caused any problems with the general operation of my
computer.

Dave F

--
Registered Linux user number 393408