Mount NTFS disk as a read and write volume and not read only.

Scott van Looy scott at ethosuk.org.uk
Sun Nov 19 09:37:05 UTC 2006

On Nov 18 redhatdude at bellsouth.net did spake thusly:

> Hi,
> I have a PC that doesn't start because the HD is completely full. The user
> filled up the recycle bin and never emptied it. I need to be able to delete
> all the junk in the recycle bin so WindowsXP can start and I don't have to
> reformat the HD and reinstall everything. I only have macs and linux machines
> to do this. I put the HD in a firewire enclosure and mounted in both macs and
> linux boxes and it always mounts as a read only volume. Therefore, it lets me
> see the content of the disk but it doesn't let me delete anything. Can
> someone tell me how I can get to delete files in this NTFS volume using FC6?
> Thanks,
> EJ

Put the disk back in the machine. Boot using the XP install disk. Choose
to repair using the Recovery Console...?

Surely far less hassle...

--
Scott van Looy - email:me at ethosuk.org.uk | web:www.ethosuk.org.uk
site:www.freakcity.net - the in place for outcasts since 2003

"`Ford, you're turning into a penguin. Stop it.'"

- Arthur experiences the improbability drive at work.