pwc broken in 2.6.18-1.2849.fc6 ?

Anne Wilson cannewilson at tiscali.co.uk
Sun Nov 19 11:55:48 UTC 2006

On Sunday 19 November 2006 04:55, Lonni J Friedman wrote:
> Anyone else running into problems with the pwc driver in
> 2.6.18-1.2849.fc6 ?  It worked fine in 2.6.18-1.2798.fc6. but after
> rebooting into the newer kernel, all I get is green:
> http://netllama.linux-sxs.org/home.jpg

I tried a philips webcam that should use that, together with the existing
kernel driver.   It worked, but with a very poor quality picture - it had
worked well a long time ago, but I hadn't used it recently so I don't know
when the problem started.

I can't speak for the external module that you compile yourself, as I took the
easy way out and got a new, different, webcam.

Anne