Backup recommendations

Max Pyziur pyz at brama.com
Sun Nov 19 17:26:39 UTC 2006

With so much content (disk, data, text, photos, video) moving (if not
already moved) to the digital realm what recommendations does the Linux
desktop community have for storage/backup.

In my case, I've ditched 90% of my LPs in favor of mp3s.  I've also begun
scanning both foto prints and negatives of my family's going back to the
30s finishing about 25% of this project.  A hard drive failure could wipe
all of this out. (no kidding ...)

I have a home network with a server (used as the DSL router, gateway)
where I have some spare disks to which I copy/ftp/smbclient stuff from the
various home machines.

I suspect that with the amount of digital content I'm accumulating,
though, that there are better/improved ways and would be interested in
reading others' recommendations and practices.  Or even recommended links.

>From Spy Game w/ Redford and Pitt:
Gladys Jennip (Marianne Jean-Baptiste): Feeling a little paranoid on our
last day?
Nathan Muir (Redford): When did Noah build the ark Gladys? Before the
rain. Before the rain ...

Max Pyziur
pyz at brama.com