Partial FC6 upgrade?

Jeff Vian jvian10 at charter.net
Sun Nov 19 17:53:46 UTC 2006

On Sat, 2006-11-18 at 11:56 -0500, Jim Cornette wrote:
> Tony Nelson wrote:
>  > I'm thinking the problem might be from the puplet interfering with
> >> ongoing transactions which is killing the rpm databases. This is a
> >> WAG so I really will have to disable the puplet applet and note if
> >> database corruption is ongoing or not present any longer.
>
> > I as well am slightly suspicious of puplet (and pirut), though they should
> > be using RPM and not be able to introduce such issues.  I'll just keep my
> > eyes on the database; I may add a nightly cron task to do this if I can be
> > sure of handling locking issues.
>
> I am now applying updates via the puplet applet and seeing if the
> corruption issue will cease. As past practices, I use yum from a root
> shell mostly. Everything seems to install fine when using the puplet to
> launch pup. I did have a problem with control-center not installing
> because of a scriptlet error. This is with current development which is
> pretty stable and with few conflicting packages at present.
>
> Please inform of what the automatic updates do for you.

I am sure the developers and testers would appreciate knowing of
problems encountered when running rawhide (development tree).

I am also sure that since most on this list are NOT running rawhide it
is unlikely that you will get a lot of help here with packages that are
not yet released.

Please take this discussion to the testing list.
	fedora-test-list at redhat.com