upgrading to Fc6

Tony Nelson tonynelson at georgeanelson.com
Sun Nov 19 19:10:27 UTC 2006

At 9:08 AM -0600 11/19/06, Scott Berry wrote:

>> 2. You could download and install fedora-release-6-4.noarch.rpm
>> (this updates /etc/fedora-release)
>> and then say "yum update" (as root).
>> After several hours you should have an FC-6 system.
>Tim, where is this file found I did a search with no luck.>

Not to be cruel, but rather to save you from months of intense difficulty
and frustration:  if you can't find that file, you really should not try to
upgrade via yum, as you are not prepared to handle the dozens or hundreds
of issues you will face.  Download the DVD or CDs and use them.  If you
aren't able to burn CDs or DVDs, purchase them over the 'net.