Today's FC6 Update fails -

Bob Goodwin bobgoodwin at wildblue.net
Sun Nov 19 20:13:36 UTC 2006

Tony Nelson wrote:
> At 12:35 PM -0500 11/19/06, Bob Goodwin wrote:
>
>> Can someone translate the following error message into plain English?
>>
>>        (23/23): kdebase-3.5.5-0. 100% |=========================|  29
>>        MB    03:26
>>        warning: rpmts_HdrFromFdno: Header V3 DSA signature: NOKEY, key
>>        ID ff6382fa
>>

>>        GPG key retrieval failed: [Errno 5] OSError: [Errno 2] No such
>>        file or directory: '/etc/pki/rpm-gpg/kde-redhat.RPM-GPG-KEY'
>>
>> Is it telling me I have a missing gpg key or that the file isn't there?
>> It looks to me like everything it needs is in
>> /etc/yum.repos.d/kde-redhat.repo which I assume is where the kdebase
>> file is coming from?  I'm probably wrong ...
>>
>> But what do I need to fix?  Where can I find the key if that's what's
>> needed?  Updates normally happen without a hitch!
>>

> It looks like you are using the kde-redhat repo but don't have their key
> installed.  Go to kde-redhat.sourceforge.net and follow the instructions.
>
> Alternatively, it may be that the package is not properly signed.  In the
> past, the error message was, IIRC, briefer and misleading.

Ok, I might be able to fix this if I knew what the file name was
supposed to be?

            /etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY-kde-redhat

I put the gpg key in that [my best guess at a name] but I still get an
error.  Not
only that but I have never needed to insert keys with a text editor to
make yum updates
work!  I have something messed up somewhere.  I've been updating this
computer for a
week and suddenly this?

Thanks for your help.

Bob Goodwin