Today's FC6 Update fails -

Jeff Vian jvian10 at charter.net
Mon Nov 20 05:46:14 UTC 2006

On Sun, 2006-11-19 at 15:13 -0500, Bob Goodwin wrote:
> Tony Nelson wrote:
> > At 12:35 PM -0500 11/19/06, Bob Goodwin wrote:
> >
> >> Can someone translate the following error message into plain English?
> >>
> >>        (23/23): kdebase-3.5.5-0. 100% |=========================|  29
> >>        MB    03:26
> >>        warning: rpmts_HdrFromFdno: Header V3 DSA signature: NOKEY, key
> >>        ID ff6382fa
> >>

> >>        GPG key retrieval failed: [Errno 5] OSError: [Errno 2] No such
> >>        file or directory: '/etc/pki/rpm-gpg/kde-redhat.RPM-GPG-KEY'
> >>
> >> Is it telling me I have a missing gpg key or that the file isn't there?
> >> It looks to me like everything it needs is in
> >> /etc/yum.repos.d/kde-redhat.repo which I assume is where the kdebase
> >> file is coming from?  I'm probably wrong ...
> >>
> >> But what do I need to fix?  Where can I find the key if that's what's
> >> needed?  Updates normally happen without a hitch!
> >>

> > It looks like you are using the kde-redhat repo but don't have their key
> > installed.  Go to kde-redhat.sourceforge.net and follow the instructions.
> >
> > Alternatively, it may be that the package is not properly signed.  In the
> > past, the error message was, IIRC, briefer and misleading.
> >
> Ok, I might be able to fix this if I knew what the file name was
> supposed to be?
>
>             /etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY-kde-redhat
>
> I put the gpg key in that [my best guess at a name] but I still get an
> error.  Not
> only that but I have never needed to insert keys with a text editor to
> make yum updates
> work!  I have something messed up somewhere.  I've been updating this
> computer for a
> week and suddenly this?

download the file you find here
http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=65974&package_id=72321&release_id=136335
   named gpg.rexdieter-kde-redhat.key

then you can import it into rpm with the command
    rpm --import <path/to/gpg.rexdieter-kde-redhat.key>

After that yum should work to install files from the kde-redhat project.