FC4 to FC6

antonio montagnani antonio.montagnani at gmail.com
Mon Nov 20 14:12:08 UTC 2006

2006/11/20, Rick Lim <ricklim at telus.net>:
> I tried a FC4 to FC6 upgrade and if froze on installing glibc.
>
> I have seen some references on the net to go FC4 -> FC5 -> FC6.
>
> What is the experiences of the mail list?
>
> FC4 -> FC5 -> FC6
>
> Or
>
> FC4 -> FC6.
>
> Thank god for Mondo.
>

> --

3 computers were upgraded from FC4 - FC5 - FC6.
Actually one box has been upgraded from RH8 through all releases.
No major issues: only on this machine I had to re-install some gnome
packages, but it was done with no operation break, as it is a router:
i guess that it was connected to a bad upgrade from FC4 to FC6 due to
a bad fourth CD ( mediacheck is always necessary on each installation
and on each box), that interrupted installation.
--
Antonio Montagnani
Skype : antoniomontag