FC6: Modem not detected but shows up on PCI list

Richard England rengland at europa.com
Mon Nov 20 15:41:28 UTC 2006

I did a fresh install (not upgrade) on my FC4 system to FC6 and my modem
is not detected.  It worked really well on FC4.

Is there a site that describes how to trouble shoot this?

Nothing about the modem shows up in dmesg and the device does not show
up when I look at the GUI  "network" setup application.

If anyone has a clue, I can provide more details.

Thanks for any assistance.

/sbin/lspci reports:
00:09.0 Communication controller: Agere Systems Venus Modem (V90, 56KFlex)

/sbin/kudzu -sp  reports:
class: MODEM
bus: PCI
detached: 0
desc: "Agere Systems Venus Modem (V90, 56KFlex)"
vendorId: 11c1
deviceId: 0480
subVendorId: 11c1
subDeviceId: 0480