FC6 and acroread - not working

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Mon Nov 20 16:47:44 UTC 2006

On Monday 30 October 2006 02:17, Paul Smith wrote:
>On 10/30/06, Florin Andrei <florin at andrei.myip.org> wrote:
>> I got acroread-7.0.5-2.2.fc5.rf.nosrc.rpm from here:
>>
>> http://dries.ulyssis.org/rpm/packages/acroread/info.html
>>
>> I extracted the spec file. I downloaded the latest acroread tar.gz
>> from Adobe, then adjusted the spec for the new version. Then rebuilt
>> the acroread binary package.
>>
>> But when I launch acroread, I get a bunch of messages like this:
>>
>> expr: syntax error
>> expr: syntax error
>> expr: syntax error
>> expr: syntax error
>> expr: syntax error
>> expr: syntax error
>> expr: syntax error
>> expr: syntax error
>> expr: syntax error
>> expr: syntax error
>> expr: syntax error
>>
>> Any clue?
>
>Yes, Florin. Read the following thread:
>
>http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=fedora-list&m=116211466814637&w=2
>
>Paul
I just did that to my copy of 7.0.8, but my symptoms were somewhat
different in that it would probably display the page, but clicking on the
close button locked things up for about 2 minutes, at which point firefox
itself went away.  Now I'm waiting for another interesting .pdf to come
by for testing purposes.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)