Fedora Coverstory in Linux Format

George Arseneault george_arseneault2001 at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 20 18:58:28 UTC 2006

--- Tim <ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au> wrote:

> Do you mean one disc as in that one DVD, or that CD
> lets you install
> from that one CD, without needing additional
> resources?
>
> Using a boot CD that does a network install isn't
> really the same thing
> as a one disc install.  And a one CD install option
> is definitely
> preferable to a one DVD install, filesize-wise for
> those downloading it.

I meant the CD.  The book said it would install a
'working' system, so you can download/update the rest
over a LAN, isp, whatever... Didn't try it myself.

The DVD is the equivalent of the 5 CD set so I don't
think it counts as a 'one disk install'.  It was also
dual layer. I had to boot from the CD to initialize my
USB connector so I could install from a USB DVD drive
I borrowed from my sister.  Surprised the heck out of
me when it worked.

Sponsored Link

Compare mortgage rates for today.
Get up to 5 free quotes.