Unknown symbol in module

Ric Moore wayward4now at gmail.com
Mon Nov 20 20:25:45 UTC 2006

On Mon, 2006-11-20 at 12:41 -0700, Craig White wrote:

> My suspicion is that Gene's issue with logrotate is tied to Gene's issue
> with cron which seems (just a wild guess here) consistent with someone
> who futzes with cron files, either by copying the files in from another
> system or by using unsuspecting text editors to edit them rather than
> using the only recommended method of editing via 'crontab -e' commands
> as the other methods are likely to cause issues with SELinux or cron
> itself since cron tends to reject cron files edited with uninformed text
> editors.

Us living Cro-Magnon fossils have this problem, you see.

In the days of yore, when /dev roamed the land freely without fences it
was considered "GOOD!" by the Creator, and we were told to go forth upon
the land and dominate it. Armed only with vi editor, the land became
dominated and was made to produce it's surplus yields unto it's Masters,
by the intervention of human hands upon the keyboard, directed by the
trained intellect.

Then, there came the mouse. The smallest of peripherals, it changed the
landscape and made it better for those to come. The toll it took on the
Cro-Magnon man was incalculable. Even the /dev beast found itself bound
by newly erected fences that restricted it's movement, thereby killing
off it's spirit. New peoples came to dominate the land, those who's
knuckles did not drag and knew not the language nor ways of the
Cro-Magnon, and made sport of him.

The newcomers took the mouse, made magics that did their will with
scripts and the old ways slowly passed into history, surviving only in
remote pockets of the land.

Lo, the Cro-Magnon man. Knuckles leaving dust trails which mark his
lonely movements on the landscape now populated with HTML, PhP, JAVA,
SeLinux, crontabs and cron-files, that shout at him from all sides and
bear scarce resemblance to their ancestors.

See also:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neandertal_interaction_with_Cro-Magnons

Getting older is a bitch! Ric