OT - PPTP Client Issues

Kevin Kempter kevin at kevinkempterllc.com
Mon Nov 20 21:59:38 UTC 2006

Hi List;

Sorry for the OT post;

I've just installed Fedora Core 6 and then installed PPTP client via the
instructions for FC6 as follows:

# rpm -Uvh
http://pptpclient.sourceforge.net/yum/stable/fc6/pptp-release-current.noarch.rpm
# yum --enablerepo=pptp-stable install pptpconfig

Next I created a connection, set the routing to 'all to tunnel'
for encryption I selected 'Require MPEE' and 'Refuse to authenticate via EAP'

I can connect fine but once I do I cannot ping any of the remote network
hosts. Also I'm behind a router/firewall at home
and once connected cannot ping my main DSL IP.

I also have an SuSE 10 box setup the same way and it works fine... Would
really like to have it work from FC6.

Thanks in advance for any help/advice...