Unknown symbol in module

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Mon Nov 20 22:32:27 UTC 2006

On Monday 20 November 2006 14:51, Ric Moore wrote:
>On Mon, 2006-11-20 at 08:31 -0500, Gene Heskett wrote:
>> >
>> >Well, for all the logs that I would expect to rotate, I have files
>> > dated 5.11.06, 12.11.06, 19.11.06 and 20.11.06.
>> >
>> >Yet another peculiarity of your install, Gene.
>> >
>> >Anne
>>
>> I *may* be on the track of it, following Ricks advice I ran it from a
>> shell, and discovered the whole thing died on not finding a user
>> 'named', and I do not have bind installed.  So I'll do that but set
>> the service to off. nscd is running and thats should be enough.
>>
>> As to this being a bugzilla-able item, dunno.  It seems to me that it
>> should be bind that installs this particular script, not logrotate's
>> rpm.
>>
>> After installing bind, the user named is in the passwd file, and it
>> runs. This to me is a bugzilla-able packaging problem.
>
>I double-dog dare you to file a bugzilla on this <howls with glee> after
>you mention in passing that you restored the root directory from an FC2
>install to FC6.

Why is it that everyone thinks I copied the whole damned root tree over?

I have repeatedly said I copied my data, and the contents of my /root/bin,
but very little else, certainly none of the .kde stuffs was copied
straight across.

>I'm laughing with you Gene, laughing WITH you as my damn
>KDE desktop keeps winking error messages at me, that I have not figured
>out yet, whenever I pass the mouse over an icon (!), from restoring an
>FC5 /root to FC6. My bad, I just HAD to do it all at once, you see. Ring
>any bells??

No, cause I DIDN'T copy the whole thing.

>I can imagine Rahual chewing his arm off, so he doesn't have
>to touch the keyboard on that bug report! <howls with anticipatory glee
>at the notion>

Thats up to him, provided I get past the buzilla login, that thing hates
me.

><benediction> Go forth and sin no more! <benediction/>
>
>Another fellow sinner running as root! THERE! I'm OUT OF THE CLOSET!!
>Someone just kill me, now. Ric

Nahh, we aren't, either one of us, worth the bullets.  But we sure as hell
do have fun.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)