FC 6 issues

Usman S. Ansari uansari at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 21 01:52:53 UTC 2006

Tried to install FC 6 on my dual CPU Pentium III machine.

 1. First it failed to discover my Dell FP 2001 monitor and G 400 video card and assume head less install.

 2. And may be due to above it install Linux under XEN ? anyway upon booting, last thing it said was diabling XEN buffers and after that my machine froos

 There is only one kernel installed on the system. Last time, during FC 5 install, it failed to discover some of the hardware on my system. I ended up solving this issue using non-SMP and enabling firstboot.

 Any pointers who I can recover from this situation.

 Any help is appreciated.

 Thanks

 Usman