Latex

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Tue Nov 21 04:09:33 UTC 2006

roland <roland <at> cat.be> writes:
> - it only generates 1 page
> - how to avoid a pagebreak in the middle of a group

These are probably because it's one big "tabular" environment. "tabular" isn't
very smart, and IIRC it can't handle page breaks. Try "supertabular" instead:
\usepackage{supertabular}
and then use "supertabular" instead of "tabular". It's included in Fedora's
tetex-latex package.

> - the left margin is wrong, the whole thing has to move left
> - Why does the left border goes to high

You can use the \advance command to fiddle with margins, for example like this:
\advance\textheight5.5cm
\advance\topmargin-3.5cm
\advance\textwidth5cm
\advance\evensidemargin-2.5cm
\advance\oddsidemargin-2.5cm

Another issue you might encounter one day is TeX refusing to stretch the spaces
enough to justify long lines. Instead, it will complain about "underfull
hbox"es and wants you to change your content (for example make \tt blocks,
which are unbreakable, shorter). Of course, I don't want to change my content
just to please the layout engine, so I use this instead:
\global\emergencystretch = 0.9\hsize
This allows TeX to use up to 90% of the line for spacing. You can put whatever
other value there, just \hsize will turn the limit off completely. This trick
also works in other TeX-based formats, such as texinfo.

        Kevin Kofler