FC6 install

Lonnie Freeman blackbeard2 at cox.net
Tue Nov 21 05:18:12 UTC 2006

Well, with a little tinkering all is fixed except java, and I don't
think that will be much of a problem.  It was about time to tear out all
the sym links and old java stuff and start fresh anyway.
The problem with updating was easy to fix.  I found a repository that
yum was hunting that wasn't available at the time (livna).  After
updates, KDE started behaving better.  Other than the really slow
install everything is OK.  I guess slow is better than fast but broken,
aka Windows...  Actually, I guess I really shouldn't fuss about "that
other system".  XP has treated me pretty well as far as reliability, I
just REALLY don't like their business plan for marketing.

Thanks everyone for the help!
Lonnie