Unknown symbol in module

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Tue Nov 21 13:29:18 UTC 2006

On Monday 20 November 2006 08:09, Anne Wilson wrote:
>On Monday 20 November 2006 12:46, Gene Heskett wrote:
>> Now if logrotate would work...  Its not. See my other post.
>
>Well, for all the logs that I would expect to rotate, I have files dated
>5.11.06, 12.11.06, 19.11.06 and 20.11.06.
>
>Yet another peculiarity of your install, Gene.
>
>Anne

Yes, and you saw the discussion of my fix I assume.  It seems the pid
files of some programs contain more than the processes id number, and
that breaks the syntax use to HUP the process when rolling over the
logfiles.  I don't believe this occured under FC2, but I'd have to swap
the drives back and reboot to prove it.  Programmers who use the *.pid
file for a scratchpad just because its handy should be quietly disposed
of, well before sunrise.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)