System Hanging on Starting xend

Chris Wright linux-list at cwic-solutions.co.uk
Tue Nov 21 13:58:23 UTC 2006

Bit of a weird one this.
Can't find any references to a similar problem on xend pages or similar.

Got a Sony VAIO running FC6.  I've noticed the problem on all of the
Kernels so far (since release that is)

When initially configuring the system, I ran with eth0 as my wired lan.
After getting the install working, I then sorted out the wireless
connection (the ibw2200 driver), and got eth1 configured.

The only problem is when I disconnect from the lan and go wireless, on
the next reboot, the system will stop at 'starting xend' for a good one
or two minutes.
Just sits there until I guess some timeout expires.
It still passes 'Ok', no errors in the logs.

Since there are no error messages in any of the logs, I am not sure
where to go next.

It is only after I un-dock and therefore switch to eth1 (wireless) (i.e.
power down on eth0 or eth1, then power up on eth1 only)

eth0 does give me a warning that the cable could be unplugged and that
is the only message.

When it finally gets to starting..... xend, it just stalls.

Still boots ok, and eth1 works, so does eth0 if I connect the wired lan.

I can't see a connection between the xend process and networking though.

Any clues on where to look?

Much appreciated.

Regards

Chris