FC6 No Audio- addendum

Aaron Konstam akonstam at sbcglobal.net
Tue Nov 21 16:12:53 UTC 2006

On Mon, 2006-11-20 at 15:24 -0800, Douglas Phillipson wrote:

> > Ah, I now remember that in order for my FC6 system to boot, I had to
> > comment out the modprobe in /etc/udev/rules.d/50-udev.rules.  This line
> > would hang the system on boot.  So perhaps my sound module isn't loading???
> >
> > Doug P
> >

> After searching for all the sound related kernel modules (*.ko), I did a
> "modprobe snd-i2c" and my /dev/dsp appeared and audio started working.
>
> I guess I'll have to put this in a startup script, rc.local perhaps???
>
> Doug P
I have to point out a difference between our two situations. When I do a
modprobe <snd-module> the module is loaded but no /dev/dsp is created.
How can that be explained? Maybe your running the modprobe will work for
you then while mine still will not. Any explanations out there ?
It is very frustrating.
--
Aaron Konstam <akonstam at sbcglobal.net>