FC6 screen goes blank after inactivity, won't wake up

Christian Burger christian.burger at abtg.net
Tue Nov 21 17:22:29 UTC 2006

I'm running a fresh install of FC6 x86_64 with dpms disabled and screensaver
disabled.  After a period of inactivity it blanks the screen no matter how
many ways I have this disabled.  When I go to use the system, the screen
never wakes back up.  I can vnc in and see the screen but nothing ever comes
back up on the display.  If I ssh in and init 3 && init 5, the display wakes
back up.  Does this on my HDTV via dvi and microtek 17" lcd display.  Both
these devices worked fine under FC4 and FC5.  I am running nvidia latest
drivers 92.26.  Are there any known issues regarding this?