Metrics and your privacy

AragonX aragonx at dcsnow.com
Wed Nov 22 07:22:40 UTC 2006

<quote who="Mike McGrath">
> So we're looking for better ways to find out exactly who is out there
> and what Fedora is being used for.  I've been compiling thoughts and
> ideas on a metrics site.  Please take a look and comment.  What are
> you, the community, most comfortable with?  Where's the line where
> you'd check the check box to not participate?
>
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Infrastructure/Metrics

I'm more willing to give information to the Fedora project than most.

Why not ask at the end of the install of Fedora if it can 'phone home' to
give statistical information?  I think if you put in a questionare that
had 3 multiple choice questions, most users would be willing to fill it
out.  I already do this with things like Zone Alarm and Winamp.

Again, I would fill out a whole page of info for you guys if you asked...

believed to be clean.