disabling touchpad on laptop

Marcelo Magno T. Sales marcelo.sales at sefaz.pe.gov.br
Wed Nov 22 13:10:52 UTC 2006

Hi,

> I would like to disable my touchpad mouse on my laptop or, at least, the
> "tap" function of this one.
>
> I put TRACKPAD_OPT=notap in my /etc/sysconfig/mouse file but without any
> success...
> Thanks for help. I run FC4.

For FC5 and FC6, there's an application called ksynaptics which does what you
want very easily. It has also an "smart" option that will turn off the
touchpad (completely or tap only) automaticaly when you start typing
something, enabling it again when you stop typing. This is great to avoid
accidental taps or cursor movements while you are typing.
Don't know if it's available for FC4.

[]'s
Marcelo