disabling touchpad on laptop

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Wed Nov 22 15:07:49 UTC 2006

On Wednesday 22 November 2006 09:44, François Patte wrote:
>Garry Williams a écrit :
>> On 11/22/06, François Patte <francois.patte at math-info.univ-paris5.fr>
>>
>> wrote:
>>> I would like to disable my touchpad mouse on my laptop or, at least,
>>> the "tap" function of this one.
>>
>> You want to edit the /etc/X11/xorg.conf file (as root).
>>

>> But, you may want to do what I did and turn off all the fancy
>> gestures, including the tap but leave the pad active for use without
>> an external mouse.
>>
>> See http://web.telia.com/~u89404340/touchpad/ for details.  This
>> should get you what you seem to want:
>>
>>    Option MaxTapMove "0"
>>    Option MaxTapTime "0"
>>    Option "VertScrollDelta" "0"
>>    Option "HorizScrollDelta" "0"
>>
>> The first two turn off the tap function; the last two turn off the
>> annoying scroll functions.
>
>OK! Thanks; this works. I will no longer type some text at the wrong
>place in Emacs because I had put one finger on the touchpad....

Would you be so kind as to post that whole Section/Endsection segment?
This problem has been extremely obnoxious here, even switching screens on
me in addition to highlighting whole sections of text and deleting it on
the next keystroke, then moving the cursor to a point several paragraphs
away where it blindly just keeps on typing.

Thank you.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)