Metrics and your privacy

Antonio Olivares olivares14031 at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 22 17:37:52 UTC 2006

--- Mike McGrath <mmcgrath at fedoraproject.org> wrote:

> On 11/22/06, Antonio Olivares
> <olivares14031 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> >
> > --- Mike McGrath <mmcgrath at fedoraproject.org>
> wrote:
> >

> > I have been following this issue and I get more
> > negative responses than positive ones.  Since
> Fedora
> > announced that they needed to count the number of
> > machines/users of Fedora, many people have
> objected
> > and possibly switched to other distros because of
> > this.
>
> Any evidence of this?  I'm interested in both
> negative responses
> you've been getting (please send them my way) and
> I'd be interested in
> hearing from the "many people that object" and might
> be switching.
> After all, our current method is using apache logs
> which just about
> everyone on the planet does.
>

>                 -Mike
>
> --

Take a look at Distrowatch and you'll see some

Here on Fedora section there is a section
starts with
How many Linux users does the world have?

http://distrowatch.com/weekly.php?issue=20061120

and you can see most of what I saw.

Regards,

Antonio

Sponsored Link

Rates near 39yr lows. $420,000 Loan for $1399/mo.
Calcuate new payment. www.LowerMyBills.com/lre