Kernel panic / unwinder / oops / crash - Linux version 2.6.18-1.2849.fc6

Tomas Hood (NW7US) nw7us at hfradio.org
Wed Nov 22 23:41:26 UTC 2006

Regarding netdump and diskdump:

I've been searching Google for some How-To's on using these to figure out
what is causing my system crashes.

I'm not finding anything that is of much use to my frazzled brain.

Where might I find a guide on using netdump and diskdump so I can create an
environment to debug these system crashes that I am having?

And, if I have to recompile a kernel, how do I do that if the darned thing
crashes??

73 de Tomas, NW7US, Heliophile http://propagation.hfradio.org/

: Propagation Editor for CQ, CQ VHF, Popular Communications :
: Creator; live propagation center http://prop.hfradio.org/ :
: Associate Member of Propagation Studies Committee of RSGB :
: 122.93W 47.67N / Brinnon, Washington USA CN87 CW/SSB/DIGI :
: 10x56526, FISTS 7055, FISTS NW 57, Lighthouse Society 144 :
: Technical Writer for http://entirenet.net  (Microsoft KB) :
: The journey of life http://ic-discipleship-ministries.org :