Image convertor : raster to vector

Peter Gordon peter at thecodergeek.com
Thu Nov 23 05:15:42 UTC 2006

On Thu, 2006-11-23 at 10:41 +0530, thomas wrote:
> We are in need to an open source application that can work as 'rester
> to vector' image convertor on fedora and/or windows.
>
> May someone share the resource and his experience.

Would autotrace (in Extras) suffice for this?

AutoTrace is a program similar to CorelTrace or Adobe Streamline for
converting bitmaps to vector graphics.

Supported input formats include BMP, TGA, PNM, PPM, and any format
supported by ImageMagick, whereas output can be produced in
Postscript, SVG, xfig, SWF, and others.

--
Peter Gordon (codergeek42)
  DD68 A414 56BD 6368 D957 9666 4268 CB7A FFC1 9479